Creamy Turmeric Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Soup Recipe by Chef Paul Watters.
When the weather starts to turn chilly, there’s nothing quite like a warm, comforting bowl of soup to lift your spirits. This creamy turmeric pumpkin and sweet potato soup is the perfect dish to welcome the autumn season. Packed with flavor and goodness, it’s easy to prepare and is sure to become a favourite in your repertoire of fall recipes.
– 1 large onion (peeled and roughly chopped)
– 1 tablespoon of turmeric
– 1 kg of pumpkin (peeled, deseeded, and roughly chopped)
– 500g of sweet potato (peeled, rinsed, and roughly chopped)
– 1 teaspoon of dried chilli powder (optional)
– 1 tablespoon of tomato puree/paste
– 5 oz of butter
– 5 oz of plain flour
– 1 litre of vegetable or chicken stock
– 4 sprigs of rosemary, picked
– 200g of Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat the Oven: Begin by preheating your oven to 180°C (356°F).
2. Roast the Pumpkin and Sweet Potato: Place the peeled and roughly chopped pumpkin and sweet potato in a baking tray. Drizzle with a little olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until they become soft and tender.
3. Prepare the Soup Base: While the pumpkin and sweet potato are roasting, take a large saucepan or pot. Melt the butter over medium heat and add the turmeric and dried chilli powder (if using). Allow the spices to cook for 3-4 minutes until fragrant.
4. Add Flour and Tomato Paste: Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the plain flour and tomato paste, creating a thick, flavorful paste.
5. Incorporate Stock Gradually: Return the pot to the heat and gradually whisk in the vegetable or chicken stock until the mixture reaches a smooth and creamy sauce consistency. Let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
6. Check the Roasted Vegetables: By this point, the pumpkin and sweet potato should be soft and well-roasted. If not, don’t worry; oven times can vary. If they are soft, proceed to the next step.
7. Blend the Soup: Add the roasted pumpkin and sweet potato to the pot with the sauce. Stir them in and cook until everything is soft and well combined. You can use a hand blender or a food processor to blend the mixture until it’s smooth.
8. Season to Taste: Return the soup to the heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
9. Serve and Garnish: Ladle the creamy soup into large bowls. For a burst of flavour and aroma, add the picked rosemary on top. Finish the dish by sprinkling Parmesan cheese on the soup.
10. Optional Croutons: If you prefer, serve the soup with crispy croutons on the side. This is a matter of personal preference, so feel free to skip them if you like.
11. Enjoy: Sit back, savour the delicious flavours, and enjoy this creamy turmeric pumpkin and sweet potato soup. It’s a wholesome and satisfying meal perfect for any autumn day.
This creamy turmeric pumpkin and sweet potato soup is a fantastic addition to your autum menu. The combination of earthy pumpkin and sweet potato, complemented by the warmth of turmeric and spices, creates a soup that’s as tasty as it is comforting. Whether you serve it as a standalone meal or as a delightful starter, it’s bound to warm your heart and soul on those crisp autumn days.
We specialize in enhancing your digital presence through a comprehensive range of services. Elevate your business with our premium business listing service, ensuring your venture gains the visibility it deserves. Our expert web design team is dedicated to crafting visually stunning and highly functional websites that leave a lasting impression on your audience. To maximize your online reach, our social shares service promotes your content across various platforms, driving engagement and expanding your customer base. Join us in navigating the digital landscape and unlocking the true potential of your Northern Ireland business.