Indulge your senses with a delectable dessert created by the culinary genius, Chef Paul Watters. This exquisite fruit crumble recipe combines the natural sweetness of apples, the tartness of berries, and the unique flavour of figs, all enveloped in a golden crumbly topping. Chef Watters’ attention to detail and expert techniques transform this simple dessert into a heavenly delight. Let’s embark on a culinary journey and learn how to recreate this masterpiece in your own kitchen.
– 800 g Killinchy cooking apples (peeled, cored, and cut into chunks)
– 6 tablespoons of caster sugar
– 2 teaspoons of vanilla essence
– 230 g plain flour
– 80g demerara sugar (plus 1 tablespoon for sprinkling)
– 90g cold butter (diced)
– 8 tablespoons of porridge or muesli
– 300 g blackberries
– 300 g raspberries
– 300 g figs
1. Prepare the Apples:
– Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
– In a saucepan, combine the apples, caster sugar, vanilla essence, and 2 tablespoons of water.
– Cook until the apples are soft, adjusting the sweetness to your liking by adding more sugar if necessary.
– Transfer the cooked apples to a greased ovenproof dish.
2. Create the Crumble Topping:
– In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, demerara sugar, and diced cold butter.
– Use your fingers or a pastry cutter to blend the ingredients until they resemble breadcrumbs.
– Stir in the porridge or muesli and spread the mixture evenly over the apples.
– Sprinkle an additional tablespoon of demerara sugar on top.
– Bake for 45 minutes or until the crumble topping is golden brown.
3. Prepare the Custard:
– In a saucepan, gently heat the double cream and whole milk until slightly below boiling point.
– In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together egg yolks, cornflour, caster sugar, and vanilla essence until the sugar dissolves.
– Gradually pour the egg mixture into the hot milk and cream, whisking continuously.
– Transfer the mixture back to the saucepan and, while stirring with a wooden spoon, cook until thickened.
4. Assemble and Serve:
– For an elegant presentation, use a large round cutter to shape the crumble and place it in the centre of the plate.
– Spoon the custard around the plate, creating a visually appealing arrangement.
– Place the assorted fruits on top of the crumble, and dust with a sprinkle of icing sugar.
– Serve and savour the delightful medley of flavours and textures.
Chef Paul Watters’ Fruit Crumble with Custard is a testament to the artistry of fine dining desserts. With its harmonious blend of seasonal fruits, crunchy crumble, and velvety custard, this dish is sure to impress your guests and elevate your culinary skills. Enjoy the satisfaction of creating a restaurant-quality dessert in the comfort of your own kitchen, and let the flavors speak for themselves in this heavenly indulgence.
We specialize in enhancing your digital presence through a comprehensive range of services. Elevate your business with our premium business listing service, ensuring your venture gains the visibility it deserves. Our expert web design team is dedicated to crafting visually stunning and highly functional websites that leave a lasting impression on your audience. To maximize your online reach, our social shares service promotes your content across various platforms, driving engagement and expanding your customer base. Join us in navigating the digital landscape and unlocking the true potential of your Northern Ireland business.
Get all latest news, exclusive deals!