Having a new baby can be nerve wracking, especially during a pandemic.
Have you thought about maybe setting up rules, as in who can come to visit the new baby?
A mum on Reddit’s AITA forum had given birth at Christmas, she and her husband made a list of rules on the forum
Some rules include -up to date on ALL vaccines -if you feel anyway sick don’t visit
Some of the rules:
- let us know a week before hand so we can arrange a day/time
- no smokers
- no phone calls or visits between 7:30pm-10pm -you can only stay an hour -no picking up the baby without consent -no Adivce -no perfume/deodorant
- no is no we won’t explain why
- no pictures to be taken or posted on social media
- if you visit the first time you will be expected to give mom (me) a gift card and a gift for baby from out approved list
- before you ever come no matter how many times you will be give a list of a ether food or groceries to bring with you AND a chore for a list of your choosing
- no more than two visits a week per person
full list HERE
What’s your thoughts, is this a good idea or did the mum go overboard?