Dates: May 10 – 25
Times: 10.30am – 1pm
Location: 10 Fort Rd, Kilroot, Carrickfergus BT38 9BT
The Irish Salt Mining Exploration Co. Ltd (ISME) is glad to give tours of their huge mining facilities to coincide with the exhibition on the history of local salt mining at Carrickfergus Museum (2 May–11 June).
There are a limited number of spots available, so don’t miss out on this chance to learn about what happens 400 metres beneath our feet!
Dates available May 10, 11, 12, 17, 18, 19, 24, 25
Numbers restricted to 6 people per tour
- Each tour will take approximately 2 ½ hours.
- Persons must be aged 15 or over.
- ISME regrets that the site is not wheelchair accessible. This tour is not suitable for people with breathing difficulties or mobility issues.
- It is recommended to wear casual, comfortable clothing and sensible footwear. Walking boots preferred. ISME will provide additional safety equipment for you to wear (Safety Helmet, light etc.).
- Participation on the tour will require completing a short covid questionnaire and passing a non-evasive temperature check on the day.
Places on the Kilroot Salt Mine Tour must be booked through Carrickfergus Museum.
Kilroot Salt Mine is not open to the General Public and cannot accommodate private tours other than those booked through the exhibition.
For further information, please contact
For details and booking visit: https://saltminetour.eventbrite.co.uk
T: 028 9335 8241