Win £200 by watching all of our Christmas Videos on our facebook page and answering the questions.
All household bins and kerbside boxes will be collected across Mid and East Antrim Borough Council areas as normal over the festive season.
Residents are asked to place bins or boxes out by 7.30am on their collection day.
- Do the ‘scrunch’ test with that wrapping paper – if it balls up tightly, it can be recycled (paper-based), if it pops back out, it can’t.
- Recycle delivery packaging, squashing down cardboard to maximise your space.
- Check our online recycling guide to remind you what can and cannot be recycled: www.midandeastantrim.gov.uk/binsandboxes
Got large items to recycle over the festive period?
Our four Household Recycling Centres (HRC) will be open, with the exception of Saturday 25 December 2021 and Sunday 26 December, and Saturday 1 January 2022 and Sunday 2 January 2022.
Make sure to check the opening times before you attend the site, as these may have changed over the Christmas and New Year period.
Larne South Household Recycling Centre users are asked to book an appointment before attending the site.
Bookings can be made via the Recycling Centres link.
- Check out what can be recycled at your local HRC: www.midandeastantrim.gov.uk/ThingsYouCanRecycle
- Remember to SORT all your recyclables before you come to site.
- Just a quick reminder that the Christmas Toy Container project runs until Saturday 11 December – where you can drop off pre-loved toys, which will be provided to local charities and families in the borough.
If you have any queries, please contact our waste helpdesk using the Chat Bot (blue icon on bottom right hand of screen) or T: 0300 124 5000 Option 0.