Is a Chef that work’s in Dobbins Inn, who set up a facebook group to help people bake during the Covid-19 Lockdown.
David set up a facebook group to help people with their baking during isolation. The page now has over 40,000 members in a few days. The group is called Home cooking recipes isolating chef
David has shared some of his Recipes with us:
HOME MADE POTATO BREAD
- 450 g cooked potatoes
- 110 g of self raising flour
- 55 g of butter or unsalted butter
- pinch of salt
- Bold diced potato just cook and drain the water out of the potato. add the butter and salt. Taste the potatoes at this point, add more salt if needed. Then, very lightly mix in the sifted flour. It will come together into a dough very quickly and easily.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured area gently fold over until smooth. Divide into two equal portions and form each into a ball. Roll one ball out to about 1/3″ thick, then cut into quarters with a large knife or cake lifter. Repeat with the second measure of dough.
- Heat a pan or to medium to medium-high. When hot, begin cooking the Irish potato bread (do not use oil or butter.) When brown on both sides, place on a clean tea towel and cover. These are fully cooked
- Fried as part of the traditional fried breakfast, the Ulster Fry, which includes other breads that have been fried, such as Irish Soda Bread.
- Toasted and smothered with butter, and perhaps also cheese.
Serve with baked beans or eggs as a children’s meal.
HOME COOKING RECIPES ISOLATION CHEF eBook
Read David’s story and his journey coping with Isolation during the Covid-19 Pandemic and 15 of his favourite Recipes.
Once you have purchased Davids eBook you will receive a second confirmation email with a link to download the eBook